ACDL 2019 – A Unique Experience:
Data Science & Machine Learning with the World’s Leaders
in the fascinating atmosphere of the ancient Certosa di Pontignano
Inside the antique cells, the lecture rooms and around the fascinating atmosphere of the ancient Certosa di Pontignano, Siena – Tuscany the world’s leading scientists and industry experts discuss scientific challenges with a highly selected number of participants in a unique setting, nestled within the most idyllic landscapes of Tuscany, in the outskirts of Siena.
For one intense week (15-19 July 2019) you will work alongside faculty that are undisputed leaders in their own field: the result is a profound experience that fosters professional and personal development.
In a proven, unique format you will be exposed to a high-impact learning experience, taking you outside the comfort zone of your own technical expertise, that will empower you with new analytical and strategic skills across areas of Big Data, Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
The 2nd Advanced Course on Data Science & Machine Learning (ACDL) is a full-immersion five-day residential Course at the Certosa di Pontignano (Siena – Tuscany, Italy) on cutting-edge advances in Data Science and Machine Learning with lectures delivered by world-renowned experts. The Course provides a stimulating environment for academics, early career researches, Post-Docs, PhD students and industry leaders. Participants will also have the chance to present their results with oral talks or posters, and to interact with their peers, in a friendly and constructive environment.
You will gain a heightened awareness for fields of data science and machine learning relevant for your activity and, perhaps most important, you will gain a place within an elite global network of data scientists and machine learning experts.
The Advanced Course is not a summer school suited only for younger scholars. Rather, a significant proportion of seasoned investigators are regularly present among the attendees, often senior faculty at their own institutions. The balanced audience that we strive to maintain in each Advanced Course greatly contributes to the development of intense cross-disciplinary debates among faculty and participants that typically address the most advanced and emerging areas of each topic.
Each faculty member presents lectures and discusses with the participants for one entire day. Such long interaction together with the small, exclusive Course size provides the uncommon opportunity to fully explore the expertise of each faculty, often through one-to-one mentoring. This is unparalleled and priceless.
The Course will involve a total of 36-40 hours of lectures, according to the academic system the final achievement will be equivalent to 8 ECTS points for the PhD Students and the Master Students attending the Course.
The Certosa di Pontignano provides the perfect setting to a relaxed yet intense learning atmosphere, with the stunning backdrop of the Tuscan landscapes. World-class wines and traditional foods will make the Advanced Course on Data Science & Machine Learning the experience of a lifetime!
The ACDL 2019 Course is SOLD OUT.
Should you wish to join our waiting list, please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oral/Poster Presentation Submission:
April 30, 2019
- Notification of Decision for Oral/Poster Presentation: by May 31, 2019
- Early Registration:
Until April 15, 2019
- Late Registration: From April 16, 2019
- October 12, 2019 — ACDL 2019 Best Poster Award
- September 15, 2019 — Photos
- July 20, 2019 — Josh Tenenbaum’s Lectures
- July 18, 2019 — Leslie Kaelbling ‘s Lectures
- July 18, 2019 — Phillip Isola’s Lectures
- July 16, 2019 — Joaquin Vanschoren’s Lectures
- July 15, 2019 — Ruslan Salakhutdinov’s Lectures
- June 20, 2019 — Pairings or Groupings for the BabyAI Projects
- June 1, 2019 — The Certosa di Pontignano, the course venue, is Sold-Out
- May 24, 2019 — Useful Information: Transfer, Travel, UNESCO World Heritage Sites & Lifestyle in Siena and Tuscany
- May 20, 2019 — ACDL 2019 Project on BabyAI Platform
- May 7, 2019 — The ACDL 2019 is SOLD OUT! Should you wish to join our waiting list, please contact us via email on email@example.com
- April 29, 2019 — Register Now! The last remaining 5 seats!
- April 28, 2019 — IMPORTANT & URGENT: Beware of phishing calls/emails!
- April 16, 2019 — Register Now! The last remaining 19 seats!